How much does it cost to import a dog to Australia?
How much will it cost to import my cat or dog to Australia? See cat and dog import permit application fees and government animal quarantine station fees. The minimum cost to import one cat or dog that undergoes the minimum 10 days quarantine is $2000.
Can you bring a dog from overseas to Australia?
Dogs and cats entering Australia from an approved country require an Import permit issued by Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF). … Pet Carriers International can organise an Import Permit on your behalf and guide your through the strict protocol, to ensure your pets smooth entry to Australia.
Is it illegal to bring dogs to Australia?
Cats and dogs can be imported to Australia under strict conditions designed to manage biosecurity risks. … You will not require a permit to import a cat or dog from New Zealand or Norfolk Island, however conditions apply.
How hard is it to bring a dog to Australia?
“Because Australia has such a high animal health status, it is far more difficult to bring animals into Australia than it is to other countries,” Mark Schipp, chief veterinary officer with the Department of Agriculture, told ABC Radio Perth.
How can I avoid pet quarantine in Australia?
Pet Quarantine Australia
- Step 1 – Check your pet’s eligibility to enter Australia. …
- Step 2 – Make sure your pet has a microchip. …
- Step 3 – Make sure your pet has the required vaccinations. …
- Step 4 – Get a valid RNAT test report. …
- Step 5 – Apply for an import permit for your pet. …
- Step 6 – Book post-entry quarantine accommodation.
How do I bring my dog to Australia?
An import permit is necessary to import your pet into Australia. You will need to submit the application and the supporting documentation that includes rabies vaccination, the rabies titre test declaration and the rabies titre test laboratory report.
How do I transport my dog to Australia?
How to Move Your Pet to Australia
- Start planning at least 7 months before your move.
- Visit your vet and inform them that you’re moving your pet to Australia.
- Get your pet micro-chipped.
- Get your pet vaccinated against rabies.
- Get your pet tested for rabies.
- Get your vet to complete an RNAT test declaration.
How do I fly my dog to Australia?
Steps to Prepare My Dog for Export to Australia
- Selecting a Vet. …
- Rabies Vaccination & Rabies Titre Test. …
- Applying for an Import Permit. …
- Booking Quarantine. …
- Booking Flights. …
- Visiting the Vet. …
- Finalising Quarantine & Flight Bookings. …
- Endorsement of Health Certificate.
What pets are not allowed in Australia?
A sample of these prohibited mammals include: foxes • squirrels • ferrets/polecats/stoats • rabbits • hamsters • monkeys/marmosets • gerbils • weasels • dingoes. deer (farmed species as long as these deer are kept within a deer-proof enclosure).
What pets are banned in Australia?
Prohibited mammals, reptiles and amphibians
- American corn snakes.
- anoles – all types.
- boa constrictors.
- ball pythons.
- feral pigs.
What dogs are banned in Australia?
Dog breeds that are banned in Australia are:
- Pit Bull Terrier breeds, including American Pit Bull Terrier.
- Dogo Argentino.
- Fila Brasileiro.
- Japanese Tosa.
- Perro de Presa Canario or Presa Canario.
How much does it cost to fly a dog internationally?
For travel within the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico, there is a $125 fee each way to carry on your pet. For international travel or travel to the US Virgin Islands, that fee jumps to $200. However, if you’re traveling to Brazil, the fee is just $75.
How do I apply for a pet passport in Australia?
For a Australia pet passport you will likely need a microchip, vaccinations, parasite treatments and a rabies blood test. The documents required to travel with dogs depends on which country you are travelling from, and which country you are travelling to.