What do you do if you find a snake in your garden?
Bring pets and children indoors (if the snake is still around), as they are the most at risk. Allow the snake to move through the garden – carefully note patterns down the back or along the sides, the colour and size; check identification again – it is much more likely to be a Grass Snake or Slow-Worm.
How can we keep snakes away from Singapore?
5 Ways to Keep Snakes out of Your Home
- Keep the rodents away. Rats are one of the major food sources for snakes, so make sure you don’t have any in your home garden. …
- Keep grass short and trimmed. …
- Seal up cracks. …
- Place fitting fences or walls around your residential as a deterrent. …
- Remove clutter in your yard or garden.
What is a good snake repellent?
The Best Snake Repellent — Reviews
- 1) Ortho Snake-B-Gon Snake Repellent Granules.
- 2) Victor VP364B Way Snake Repelling Granules.
- 3) Exterminators Choice Snake Defense Spray.
- 4) Nature’s Mace Snake Repellent.
- 5) Safer Brand 5951 Snake Shield Snake Repellent.
- 6) SerpentGuard Snake Repellent.
How do you deal with snakes in your house?
If you discover a snake in your house, act as soon as possible, for both the snake’s and your peace of mind:
- Remain calm and avoid disturbing the snake or driving her into hiding.
- If possible, carefully open a nearby door and use a broom to gently herd the snake outside.