How much does it cost to send a cat to Thailand?
It cost us roughly $1050 total to ship our cat. Here is an approximate total cost of a one-way trip to Thailand: $150 medical exam plus up-to-date vaccines. $50 hard-shelled airline approved cat carrier.
Can I take my cat to Thailand?
Pets can arrive in Thailand in the cabin or as checked baggage or air cargo at Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok. … Pet dogs and cats will not be quarantined as long as they arrive with a current import permit and all regulations to enter Thailand are met.
How do I move my cat to Thailand?
Pet transport to Thailand is possible, and it’s best handled with several weeks of preparation. To start, Thai authorities require all animals entering the country to have microchip identification implanted before travel. An inactivated rabies vaccination and certificate are also a must.
How do I bring my pet to Thailand?
Pet(s) traveling with a person:
- Pet(s) must be at least 4 months old.
- Import permit.
- Health certificate issued by your accredited veterinarian and endorsed by USDA APHIS Veterinary Services. The requirements that your pet must meet are outlined in the provided health certificate.
- Copy of Pet Owners Passport.
Which airline is most pet friendly?
Most pet-friendly U.S. airlines
- American Airlines: Best for West Coast travel.
- United Airlines: Best for East Coast travel.
- Delta Airlines: Best for small pets.
- Southwest Airlines: Best for cheap pet fees.
- JetBlue: Best for pet amenities.
- Allegiant Air: Best for pet check-in process.
What are common pets in Thailand?
Although dogs and cats are still the most popular pets in Thailand, Thais also like birds, rabbits, rodents and pet fishes.
Can you have pets in Thailand?
1) Pets must be at least 4 months old to be able to import into Thailand. 2) Pit bull Terrier or American Staffordshire Terrier are prohibited for importation into Thailand. 3) As long as pets don’t show any sign of illness, they would not be quarantined.
Which dogs are banned in Thailand?
Embargo Of Snub-nosed And Other Dog Breeds
- American Bulldog / Bully.
- American Staffordshire Terrier.
- American Pit Bull Terrier.
- Boston Terrier.
- Brussels Griffon.
- Chinese Pug.
Is Thailand pet friendly?
Thailand, the door to southeast Asia, is an amazing place to chill and enjoy the ocean with your dog. As long as you meet the qualifications, you can travel with your four-legged friend anywhere within the country.
Is it easy to move to Thailand?
Expats looking to join a large community of fellow foreigners will find an easy home in Thailand. Thanks to the easy way of life and low cost of living, Thailand welcomes massive amounts of foreigners every year both as tourists and new residents.
Are pitbulls allowed in Thailand?
Thailand has a breed-specific ban in place for the import of strong and aggressive dogs to curb dog attacks on the general public and animals. Banned breeds in Thailand are: … Pit Bull breeds that include American Pit Bull Terrier, American Bully, American Bulldog and Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
Is Thailand a rabies free country?
Through mass dog vaccination, and improved access to life-saving rabies PEP, Thailand has reduced the number of human rabies cases by more than 90% since the 1980s. Dr T.
How much does it cost to fly a cat internationally?
Fees are outlined on the Department of Agriculture website and will vary, however, you can expect to pay approximately $2,000 for one cat. There can be additional fees if your pet requires veterinary treatments or an extended stay.
Is Bangkok dog friendly?
You wouldn’t call Bangkok a pet-friendly city. … But the city is developing a more welcoming attitude towards domesticated animals—cafés, shopping malls, and even staycation-perfect hotels across the city are now allowing fur parents to bring their canine and feline babies.
Can you import dogs to Thailand?
Pets must be at least 4 months old to be able to import into Thailand. 2. Pit bull Terrier or American Staffordshire Terrierare prohibited for importation into Thailand. … As long as pets don’t show any sign of illness, they would not be quarantined.