What are Myanmar’s top 3 exports?
The 5 biggest exported goods from Myanmar by value are petroleum gases, unknitted and non-crocheted men’s suits or trousers, dried shelled vegetables, unknitted and non-crocheted women’s clothing and refined copper. Combined, Myanmar’s 5 most valuable exports accounted for 45.8% of the country’s overall exports.
What is the biggest import in Myanmar?
- Mineral fuels including oil: US$2.7 billion (15.3% of total imports)
- Electrical machinery, equipment: $2 billion (10.9%)
- Machinery including computers: $1.8 billion (9.8%)
- Vehicles: $1.2 billion (6.6%)
- Iron, steel: $1.1 billion (6.3%)
- Plastics, plastic articles: $771.5 million (4.3%)
What crops are grown in Myanmar?
In terms of Myanmar’s main crop production, it is renowned for its production of rice, sugar cane, and dry beans, among other vegetables. Interestingly, Myanmar was once the biggest exporter of rice in Asia.
Who is richest in Myanmar?
Here are the top 10 Richest People in Myanmar
- Tay Za.
- Htun Myint Naing. …
- Zaw Zaw. …
- Aung Thet Mann. …
- Michael Moe Myint. …
- U Eike Tun. …
- Wunna Kyawhtin Htay Myint. …
- Khin Shwe. Khin Shwe has served as a Member of Parliament from 2011 to 2016. …
Why is Burma so poor?
Due to this, Burma remains a poor country with no improvement of living standards for the majority of the population over the past decade. The main causes for continued sluggish growth are poor government planning, internal unrest, minimal foreign investment and the large trade deficit.
Is Myanmar richer than India?
India with a GDP of $2.7T ranked the 7th largest economy in the world, while Myanmar ranked 71st with $71.2B. By GDP 5-years average growth and GDP per capita, India and Myanmar ranked 6th vs 13th and 150th vs 164th, respectively.