What are the 10 leading causes of morbidity and mortality in the Philippines?
The leading causes of death are diseases of the heart, diseases of the vascular system, pneumonias, malignant neoplasms/cancers, all forms of tuberculosis, accidents, COPD and allied conditions, diabetes mellitus, nephritis/nephritic syndrome and other diseases of respiratory system.
What are the 3 leading causes of morbidity in the Philippines?
- Ischaemic heart diseases, neoplasms, and cerebrovascular diseases are still the three leading causes of death in the Philippines.
- Deaths due to ischaemic heart diseases and diabetes mellitus exceed their average in the last five years.
What are the 10 leading causes of morbidity and mortality?
What are the leading causes of death in the US?
- Heart disease.
- Unintentional injuries.
- Chronic lower respiratory disease.
- Stroke and cerebrovascular diseases.
- Alzheimer’s disease.
- Influenza and pneumonia.
What is the leading cause of death in Philippines?
Ischaemic heart diseases, cerebrovascular diseases, and neoplasms lead the causes of death in the Philippines.
What is the biggest health problem in the Philippines?
In 2018, one of the leading causes of death in the Philippines was ischemic heart disease impacting around 88.4 thousand people. The other four leading causes of death were malignant neoplasms, cerebrovascular disease, pneumonia, and diabetes mellitus.
What are the common health issues in the Philippines?
Many Filipinos face diseases such as Tuberculosis, Dengue, Malaria and HIV/AIDS. These diseases pair with protein-energy malnutrition and micronutrient deficiencies that are becoming increasingly common. The population is affected by a high prevalence of obesity along with heart disease.
What are the top 10 causes of morbidity?
Leading Causes of Morbidity
- Bronchitis/Bronchiolitis. 351,126. 373.5.
- Hypertension. 345,412. 367.4.
- Acute Watery Diarrhea. 326,551. 347.3.
- Influenza. 272,001. 289.3.
- Urinary Tract Infection** 83,569. 88.9.
- TB Respiratory. 72,516. 77.1.
- Injuries. 51,201. 54.5.
- Disease of the Heart.
What is the most common disease worldwide?
According to current statistics, hepatitis B is the most common infectious disease in the world, affecting some 2 billion people — that’s more than one-quarter of the world’s population.
What is an example of morbidity?
Morbidity is when you have a specific illness or condition. Some examples of common morbidities are heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. You can have more than one morbidity at a time.