Why is Bangkok a tourist attraction?
Bangkok has beaten London to the number one spot as 2013’s most popular tourist destination, and it’s not just because of Thailand’s reputation for spicy food and Buddhist temples: It’s the shopping. … They spend an awful lot of money abroad—$102 billion in 2012—and a decent chunk of it goes to retailers in Bangkok.
What makes Thailand attractive to tourists?
has one of the most developed tourism markets in Asia. The ‘Land of Smiles‘, is known for it hospitality, beautiful beaches, historical places and eco-attractions, its world-famous cuisine, good infrastructure and affordable accommodation.
What is famous food in Bangkok?
Local Foods You Must Try When Visiting Bangkok
- Tom yum goong (spicy shrimp soup)
- Som tum (spicy green papaya salad)
- Tom kha kai (chicken in coconut soup)
- Gaeng daeng (red curry)
- Pad Thai (Thai-style fried noodles)
- Khao pad (fried rice)
- Pad krapow moo (stir-fried basil and pork)
- Gaeng keow wan kai (green chicken curry)
What do you eat for lunch in Bangkok?
The best food in Bangkok is:
- Crispy Fried Duck Pad Krapow at 55 Pochana (150 THB) …
- Roasted Prawns with Glass Noodles at Somsak Pu Ob (290 THB) …
- Shrimp in Wasabi-Fish Sauce at Soei Restaurant (200 THB) …
- Spicy Thai Shrimp Salad at Tom Yum Goong Banglamphu (200 THB)
How much is a massage in Bangkok?
Most massage shops will speak basic English and prices will be advertized outside the shop. On average it costs around 200 baht to 300 baht for an hour-long Thai massage.
What do Bangkok people do?
Bangkok is famous for it’s nightlife scene and grown pretty big over the years. There’s exciting nightclubs, amazing rooftop bars, hip cocktail bars and much more. There’s the adult themed Soi Cowboy and Patpong, the party scene at Khao San Road and lot’s of clubs to dance the night away.