What are the three biggest cities in Indonesia?
Biggest Cities In Indonesia
|Rank||Biggest Cities in Indonesia||Metro Population|
What are the top 10 most populated cities in Indonesia?
Largest Cities in Indonesia
- Jakarta (Jakarta Province): 10.135 million.
- Surabaya (East Java): 2.843 million.
- Bandung (West Java): 2.575 million.
- Medan (North Sumatra): 2.497 million.
- Bekasi(West Java): 2.51 million.
- Semarang (Central Java): 2.067 million.
- Tangerang (Banten): 2.001 million.
- Depok (West Java): 1.869 million.
How many cities are in Indonesia?
Indonesia has 12 cities with more than a million people, 121 cities with between 100,000 and 1 million people, and 242 cities with between 10,000 and 100,000 people.
What is the main religion in Indonesia?
Share of population Indonesia 2010 by religion
According to population census data in 2010, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. Indonesia has the largest Islamic population in the world and for this reason is often recognized as a Muslim nation.
What is Indonesia known for?
Nowadays, Indonesia is famous for its diverse and multicultural islands, from deeply religious Aceh in the north; to the country’s center of government in Java; to the tropical paradise of Bali; and all the way down to the province of Papua on the border with independent Papua New Guinea.
Who is the largest city in India?
India: Major Cities
- New Delhi, India’s capital, is a modern city with a population of more than 7 million people. …
- Bombay (Mumbai), India’s largest city, has a metropolitan area population of more than 15 million. …
- Calcutta (Kolkata) is India’s second largest city.
What is the largest ethnic group in Indonesia?
The Javanese constitute Indonesia’s largest ethnic group, accounting for roughly one-third of the total population. Most Javanese live in the densely settled, irrigated agricultural regions of central and eastern Java—the most populous parts of the country.
Is Indonesia a primate city?
Primate city is a major city that plays dominant role in many respects in a country. … Jakarta is indeed the primate city of Indonesia. Jakarta and its peripheral areas are more than twice as populous as Bandung -the second largest city in Indonesia.